Over the past decade, a huge number of people have been diagnosed with bronchial asthma. According to statistics, the number of asthmatics over the years has grown by half. This is a large figure, in comparison with the percentage of distribution of other pathologies.
But the worst thing is that it is the number of sick children that is rapidly increasing . Bronchial asthma is recognized as the most common childhood illness. However, at an early age, parents may not immediately identify their child’s symptoms of bronchial asthma , and often only because they do not know about them.
Although asthma is very dangerous, this is not a sentence. Many asthmatics live a full life without fear of another attack. This is not difficult to achieve, it is enough to identify the signs of this disease in time and begin the correct treatment.
Seven main signs of asthma in a child
In children, asthma symptoms appear almost the same as in adults, they can differ only because of the individual characteristics of the baby’s body. You can suspect that your child is an asthmatic by detecting such signs:
- Labored breathing. If you began to notice that the child is breathing heavily, this is a serious cause for concern. When the baby easily and freely takes a breath, and the exhalation occurs long and hard, you should immediately consult a doctor, since this is the most obvious sign of bronchial asthma;
- Whistling while breathing. In the event of a specific whistle during exhalation, it is also necessary to be examined by a doctor. This symptom can occur with other diseases, so do not panic in advance;
- Cough. This symptom is very common, therefore, it is impossible to immediately begin treatment for bronchial asthma ;
- Dyspnea. Many asthmatics have pronounced shortness of breath during physical or emotional stress;
- Severe tightness in the chest area. Many patients experience discomfort in the chest area, which occurs due to increased pressure and internal spasms;
- Weakness in the body. A large number of children with asthma are often weakened due to a lack of oxygen in the body, which prevents them from leading their usual healthy lifestyle, enjoying every new day;
- Bouts of suffocation. This symptom clearly indicates the presence of bronchial asthma in the baby, however, it manifests itself without any other signs only in advanced cases.